PRINCIPAL CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER - MIE AUST | CPENG | NER | RPEQ
PAUL MEREDITH worked in Queensland from 2002 to 2015 as a Project and Design Manager for Brisbane City Council, Aurecon, Townsville City Council, Chartered Towers Council and Pitt & Sherry (Operations) Pty Ltd in Brisbane. Paul attained his qualification as a Registered Professional Engineer (RPEQ) in 2014.
In July 2015, Paul was appointed to the role of Section Leader Design & Technical Services & Principal Civil Engineer with Coffs Harbour City Council (NSW). As part of the leadership team at CHCC, Paul was charged with rolling out Council’s Capital Works Design Programme within the Design & Technical Services Section. During this time, Paul successfully managed and delivered the Council’s Capital works programme despite facing numerous demanding and challenging resourcing issues.
In May 2014, Paul was appointed to the role of Principal Civil Engineer with Pitt & Sherry, Brisbane. Together with developing the civil infrastructure business across Queensland and Northern NSW - Paul also accepted responsibility for the project management and civil design coordination for all engineering projects allocated to his management. He provided technical and strategic business support to other civil managers across the Business including the marketing and effective delivery of civil design projects across the sector. In his time with Pitt & Sherry, he was proactive in promoting the Company to Clients such as the Maitland City Council (NSW), Townsville City Council (Qld), Charters Towers Regional Council (Qld), Brisbane City Council and numerous other local government authorities.
Paul’s previous roles at Aurecon (Gladstone - Qld) as an Associate for over 2 years and Brisbane City Council as Civil Design Manager within the City Design Group for over 3½ years, has strengthened his extensive capabilities as a Project Design Manager. His duties included the client liaison and project delivery of major infrastructure roads and highway designs. He has also undertaken roles as a third-party engineering reviewer of development submissions for numerous Councils across New South Wales and Queensland including Newcastle City Council, Cessnock City Council, Maitland City Council, Brisbane City Council, Gladstone Regional Council and Townsville City Council.
Paul has 40+ years experience in the design and management of civil infrastructure & public amenity projects, specifically roads and storm water drainage, both within the private sector market as well as in the local & state government sectors. Paul has worked in a wide cross-section of organisations in Australia & the UK & competently brings all his technical skills and experience to all his current clients and projects. Paul is a hands-on Engineer & takes great pride in his work. Paul’s organisational & team management skills, together with his extensive local government and land development background, has been ably supplemented by his broad experience in the coordination and design of public infrastructure works.
LAND DEVELOPMENT AND CIVIL INFRASTRUCTURE
COFFS COAST, NORTHERN NSW AND SOUTHERN QUEENSLAND
- Project Management and design coordination from inception to tender release.
- Full civil design & documentation of residential, commercial or industrial subdivisions – including liaison and submission of plans to Council & other statutory authorities for approval.
- Local government road construction and reconstruction projects including shoulder widening and new kerb & gutter projects.
- Roundabouts and traffic-calming devices. Layout & design.
- Intersection layouts and designs to meet Council and RMS/DTMR requirements.
- Car parks and shopping centre civil works.
- Bulk earthworks designs and volume estimations.
- On-Road and Off-Road cycleways. Shared pedestrian and cyclists pathways.
- Assessments of existing and proposed stormwater drainage piped and open channel systems.
- Detention basin designs and hydraulic assessments.
- Swept path analysis and vehicle turning capabilities.
- Preparation of complete engineering packages. Including engineering designs using 12d Model, DRAINS, BricsCAD & AutoTURN software.
- Documentation of conceptual, preliminary and detail design drawings.
- Arrangement for full detail engineering & cadastral land surveys to be undertaken.
- Arrangement for geotechnical surveys to be undertaken.
- Arrangement for traffic counts, analysis and reports.
- Arrangement for Environmental documentation for Council review and comment.
- Compliance with all appropriate design standards and guidelines including AustROADS, Australian Standards, RMS/DTMR/Council standards, ARR and QUDM.
- Direct oversight and supervision of all engineering designs to comply with CPEng and RPEQ requirements.
TriCAD Design was acquired by Connell Wagner (now Aurecon) in 2002. It recommenced operating in August 2017. The business provided project management and civil design services to a wide cross section of both local government and private enterprise clients including:
- Newcastle City Council
- Cessnock City Council
- Maitland City Council
- Central Coast Council (formerly Wyong Shire Council and Gosford City Council)
- Canterbury City Council
- Singleton Shire Council
- Clarence Valley Council (formerly Maclean Shire Council)
- Warrumbungle Shire Council (formerly Coonabarabran Shire Council)
- Mid-Coast Council (formerly Great Lakes Shire Council)
- Hastings Shire Council
- Muswellbrook Shire Council
- Oborn Professional Consulting Group (Morpeth. NSW)
- Jacobs (formerly SKM Australia)
TriCAD Design was acquired by Connell Wagner (now Aurecon) in 2002 and ceased operating as an engineering design consultancy.
TriCAD Design has successfully undertaken the project management and civil design services for these Clients, and is now continuing to provide the following capabilities to its Clients:
- Local Government Capital Works project planning, cost estimating and documentation.
- Detailed civil design documentation, drafting and project cost estimating.
- Existing stormwater drainage analysis and recommended remediation options.
- Culvert and open channel designs and flood modelling.
- Car Park, driveway designs and swept path analysis for shopping centres, airports and individual developments.
- Preparation of detailed bill-of-quantities (BOQ).
- Sub Consultant management and coordination, including:
- Engineering & Cadastral Surveying
- Geotechnical investigations and pavement designs
- Environmental & Archaeological studies
- Urban design and Landscape designs
- Structural designs
- Bridge replacement options and designs
- Quantity Surveying (QS) services.
- Traffic and Transport modelling
- Electrical and Comms designs – including street lighting.
- Road safety reviews/audits
- Public Consultation and Communications.
- Contract documentation and schedules.
- Concept, Preliminary and Detail Design documentation and drawings.
- Public utility investigations and conflict avoidance analysis
- Temporary works designs for construction zones.
- Project feasibility studies and advice.
- Subdivision design including residential, commercial & industrial – DA and Construction Certificate approvals.
- Peer review and third-party assessment & reporting of civil designs prepared by external Consultants.
- Bulk earthworks designs
- Erosion & Sediment control measures and documentation.
- Water Sensitive Designs
- Sewer and Water designs.
- Site rehabilitation and regrading.
- Verification & Certification of Design Drawings by an experience and qualified Chartered Civil Engineer
TriCAD Design currently undertakes project investigations and civil designs using the following in-house software packages:
- 12d Model (3-dimensional civil design package)
- BricsCAD (Drafting package)
- DRAINS (Drainage modelling software)
- RORB (Stormwater runoff and routing software)
- HEC-RAS (River & Waterway hydraulic modelling software)
- AutoTURN (Swept path analysis software)
- MUSIC (Stormwater quality management software)
TriCAD Design has competent Designers that can effectively use the above software packages.
Our Mission To Please
TriCAD Design provides all it's clients with confidence that our services will satisfy their requirements for quality, cost and timeliness
TriCAD Design has the necessary skills and experience and is committed to providing quality civil design services to all our clients